Thursday, January 15, 2009

Picasso Wedge

Picasso Wedge -Te Casan, Natalie Portman
I've never been big on wedges, in fact I have never owned a pair before. This pair made me a convert. Granted, the faux-suede material makes this pair of shoes decidedly indoor-appropriate.
Overall, they do give you the height of a heel with the stability of a wedge while still remaining professional enough for the workplace. The wrapped styling of the material is just enough interest to keep the shoe from being too plain, while staying neutral enough to allow a bit more creativity in the clothes themselves.
Today I am wearing these with black cable-knit tights, a black pencil skirt, and a gray cardigan. I hav a punch of teal under the cardigan. If you don't already own grey shoes, they are a greay neutral to add to any shoe wardrobe. They allow you to break out of the black-brown rut, especially if you wear as many black tights and stockings as I do. These have become a staple of my winter wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment