Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vegan Cuts

I have to admit, I was a little bit addicted to beauty boxes when the idea first came out. I had finally conquered my beauty addiction a year ago, and started focusing on using the products I already have instead of just what's next and new. I found that I was able to get a lot of good use out of the things I owned, and enjoyment, too. I started piling up empties like never before. By the 18 way mark, I had my collection fairly edited and organized. Then the beauty box idea came out. I think I love the surprise of it, and the little box in the mail fulfilled my inner shopaholic that looks forward all day to checking my mailbox. But I knew that I didn't need a whole lot in the way of beauty products, so I subscribed for one month each to a few. You end up with things you don't need, of course, but I figure as long as one of the items is worth $10-$15 to me, the rest of it is almost an extra. So when Vegan Cuts came out, I was ready to commit. I bought myself a 12 month subscription, a lot of commitment for a service I never tried. I've gotten two months so far. The stand out pick of the May box was Ocidate. You e-mailed them your address after getting the box, and they send you personalized products. At first I was a little leery of the "fresh for you, all natural" approach. I think a lot of people who have adopted that mindset unnecessarily shun anything they think of as 'unnatural' or 'chemical' even when that ingredient is effective, safe, and eco-friendly. They warned me off of hydroquinone as if I were drinking uranium. Yes, I know the ingredient may be hazardous. The tests have been anything but conclusive, and different countries have different laws on the matter. If your philosophy is 'avoid it to be safe' I can see that, but to act like the science is clear is a bit misleading. Anyway, that's a rant for another time. The fact is, these products are awesome. The cleanser and exfoliator work just great, although I am usually easily pleased in this category since I like my products simple. The day moisturizer doesn't have spf so I have no idea what makes it different from night moisturizer. But it is incredible. I am just now really dabbling in the world of moisturizers. I have very oily skin, so I just used whatever was in my tinted lotions and free products I got on earth day or pride or whatever. But now I see the difference. I wake up and my skin is dewy. The parts normally dried out by Retin-A are soft and no longer flaking. It often feels like I still have the stuff on my skin. Maybe I do. But it can do all this and not make me break out, so wonderful. It even has a moisture mask I can use when I've been bad and let myself flake. The toner is fine, too, though I have yet to really know what I want in a toner, ingredient-wise. So far, so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment